Civil Engineers * Land Surveyors * Wetland Scientists * Soil Laboratory
Land Development, Stormwater Runoff, Low Impact Design & Title 5 Experts
Outback Engineering has been serving homeowners, developers and towns in Massachusetts since 1997. Our skilled staff includes Civil Engineers, Land Surveyors, Wetland Scientists, Soil Evaluators, and CAD Design professionals. We have experience with all forms of land development including numerous residential subdivisions, condominium site plans, commercial and industrial site plans, septic system design and sewer design, land court and other property boundary surveys, topographic surveys, construction layout services, and wetlands environmental permitting. All these involve coordinated efforts between the client, town & state officials and our experienced staff. From our corporate office in Middleborough, Massachusetts, we are able to cover a wide geographic area for our clients, ranging from Southeastern Massachusetts, the South Shore, Cape Cod and the Islands.
Jeffrey D. Youngquist, P.L.S., has over 35 years of land surveying experience and project management. Survey work includes property boundary determinations (including Land Court) and staking, topographic and utility surveys, ALTA/ACSM surveys, subdivision plans, construction stakeout, and as-built surveys. Jeff is also an expert, DEP-certified soil evaluator and has extensive experience overseeing site, roadway and utility construction. He is responsible for managing the surveying department and client relations.
View Jeff’s Resume – Email Jeff Youngquist at
James A. Pavlik, P.E., has over 25 years of civil engineering experience involving all aspects of land planning & development projects, including residential & commercial site plans, subdivisions (conventional & Ch. 40B), condominium sites, septic systems, drainage design, and wetlands permitting projects. He is knowledgeable in regulations regarding the Wetlands Protection Act, Title 5, Subdivisions, DEP Stormwater Management, Low Impact Development, MEPA, Army Corps, Ch. 91 licensing, and other development regulations. He is responsible for overseeing engineering and design functions, and client relations.
View Jim’s Resume – Email Jim Pavlik at
OVERVIEW OF TYPICAL PROJECTS
· Outback Engineering has successfully permitted hundreds of subdivisions and condominiums, under both local planning regulations and Mass. General Laws Ch. 40B guidelines. Projects often involve wetlands permitting issues, in both inland and coastal wetlands.
· Commercial and Industrial projects have included small office/retail buildings to large industrial buildings, schools, medical and shopping plazas for corporate clients.
· Municipal projects include intersection realignment plans for the Middleborough Highway Department; wetland delineation, property survey and feasibility study of surplus commercial property for the town of Middleborough; boundary survey & Form A plans for open space land transfer for the town of Bridgewater; existing conditions survey plans of the clubhouse/parking area and for a cross-country sewer line for the town of Sandwich Golf Course Committee.
· Project services have included complete property line, Land Court, topographic and ALTA/ACSM surveys, wetland delineation and endangered species permitting, concept planning, feasibility studies, subdivision design plans, subdivision permitting, on site septic system designs up to 10,000 gallons per day, sewer layouts, pump station design, drainage design in compliance with DEP Stormwater Management and local regulations, construction survey and inspection/management services and as-built surveys. Along with our in-house staff, we have a network of other design professionals and consultants that we can rely on for hydrogeologic, traffic, architectural, landscape and lighting issues.
165 East Grove St.
Middleboro MA 02346
(P) – 508-946-9231
(F) – 508-947-8873
– Civil Engineering
– Site Plans & Subdivisions
– Stormwater Permits
– Title 5 Septic System Design
– Land Planning
– Land Surveying
– Wetland Delineation & Permitting
– Soils Testing & Laboratory